CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 29, 2008

My List of 10

Had some sleep...then got the stomach bug. Aaron thinks I was just overly exhausted. Not sure what it was I just came home from helping in Tay's class yesterday and got sick. Throwing up is not fun especially when I had yet to eat anything but drink coffee. Luckily Aaron came home and helped me with the kids. I laid in bed, slept and read a whole book. I didn't even turn the TV on. Nice time besides the yucky tummy and achy body. I was better by last night...it was like the 12 hour bug. Today I feel even better, I am going to go to my training time at the gym and push on. Then I will pick up Tay from school and then hit Trader Joes for some much needed groceries. We are out of basics like string cheese...you know the basics when you have little kids.

Here are a few things I am VERY thankful for right now:
1. My husband. He is smart. Buff. Sexy. Sensitive. Hot. Funny. And I love him A WHOLE LOT!!
2.My son. He makes me laugh, literally he has become quite the comedian. And he gives great "love"...he lays his head on me and says "aaahhh". So cute!
3. My daughter. Precious girl. She gets me. We understand each other. Done with her kindergarten homework. Two weeks left until she is gonna be a first grader. Wasn't she just in my tummy? So proud of her and the little girl she is. She has a huge heart that is tender and truly loves.
4. This weekend I get to see Gina, times with her are always great.
5. My prayer time has rocked lately. I have made my drive time to the gym, time I just spend in prayer, out loud talking to my God. And I'm working on the listening. And allowing my burden and load to be handed over to the One who's burden is light. I have spent time in prayer for Aaron and the kids, and whatever else God directs me to pray. Good times.
6. My clean house right now...who know how long it will stay. Laundry getting finished up and it is only 9:30 am.
7. Last Comic Standing, it makes me laugh, and it is on tonight.
8. Looking forward to fun things this summer...like possibly a few concerts, time off with Tay and TJ, days at the beach, seeing family, and celebrating 9 years of marriage. And of course, seeing more progress of gym/eating right. I'm gonna be there again....
9. Trader Joes, $4.99 flower bunch. It lasts a long time and it brightens the house with some color.
10. My town. Is that a funny thing to be thankful for? Well for me I love living where I live. I love going to the library and then walking to have dinner and then going on a trolley ride. I love the beaches we are blessed to be near. The awesome trails all around to hike. The school my daughter is at. The friends I am making. The church we are attending. To be here is to feel blessed. To be here is to realize that God knows Aaron and I, He put us in a place we love.

My goal was to hit 10, 10 things I am blessed with right now. I could go on and I'm sure through out the day I will think of more. It is easy for me to get weighed down with one or two things that can almost consume me and my thoughts...and blur my vision of the good. I needed to make this list...and to submit to God the other tiny things.

Come to me all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps your family needs to be higher on the list of things you are thankful for. Just kidding. Nice list Court.

Larissa said...

You know, you say it's funny to be thankful for the city you live in... but really, if you are not happy with where you live, it affects every single aspect of everything else, because your life is where you live... coming from a person who could not stand the city I used to live in and am so thankful God finally allowed doors to open so we could leave.
I am so glad you are feeling better and have 10 wonderful things to focus on being thankful for!

Mom and Dad's Blog said...

That's a great list, Courtney. What a good idea to consciously focus on the good things - good advice for all of us :)

Anonymous said...

Where does chocolate fall? :-)