CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Our Weekend

We have had another great weekend...I think they keep getting better in anticipation of summer vacation being only 12 days away...yeah!!
Friday Taylor and I went to the dentist. I needed a filling and she had her adult molars sealed. Not so fun for either one of us but luckily we got to go into each other's room and cheer each other on. Then since it was just her and I we went to IHOP...not my choice but Taylor loves breakfast. She had a chocolate chip pancake with fruit on it that gave the pancake a face. We were the only two people in the restaurant while we ate! After that we went to Gottschalks...big time for us small town girls! We tried on shoes, outrageous high heels...ones I could never walk in...ever...off the sale rack. We did a little more walking around and then left...didn't buy anything just having a little fun:) The next stop was Blockbuster for a couple movies.
Saturday I was all set to hit the gym, 8 am Power class and then run a few miles. But my kids were too cute and I just could not bring myself away from some Saturday morning cartoons in bed! After a few cartoons we did get up and out by about 830...bribing Daddy with a Starbucks stop....and went for a morning walk on the beach. We brought Maggie along and walked, it was overcast and chilly. The marine layer was still there. I think this is one of my favorite times to be out on the beach. I walked in the water....and found another sand dollar. I have found SO many whole ones. I feel so excited every time I find one all together and not broken at all. I will have to post all the ones I have found....and the story of why they are significant in another post....this one is already beginning to get very long...After our walk we came home and I watched a friends daughter, who is almost one for the afternoon. It was a nice time. We walked to the park and let the kids play and took Mags to the Dog Park. She did well, did not eat any other dogs, PTL.
Today, we cleaned up a bit and ran a few errands. We didn't make it to church because we had friends from out of town over. We barbecued carne asada and I made beans and rice. Then we had fresh strawberries...Yummy. I think we will never grow tired of fresh strawberries:) Now we are just all relaxing. Aaron and Tay are watching A Bug's Life for the 1millionth time. And I am sitting with TJ doing this....contemplating a trip 30 minutes away to pick up a few Target essentials...or can we wait....Here are a few pictures. The first is of Tay and her missing tooth. The next two are of our walk Sat morning on the beach:)


Isn't she beautiful:)
Us Girls:)
The boys...minus Tigger...he is not much for walks on the beach!

4 comments:

Linda Z said...

You guys are so cute! :) I love shells, too. I've collected them since my youth... have you been to the Shell Shack in Morro Bay yet? We also looooove strawberries, in fact Patrick just left to get some for dinner!!

Mom and Dad's Blog said...

What a wonderful weekend. And pics to go with! Awesome for grandma!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful family!

CoachZ said...

Whatever you do...don't buy them at the store! Gotta buy them at a trusted stand where you know they picked em that day or the day before. We live in strawberry land it would be sad to buy them from a store that shipped them from Chile still green or wherever you get them from that's not here!

Best strawberry's ever are from a trusted stand...we go to Hayashi in Oceano but that's kinda far for you and they haven't been awesome like they were last year.