CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

AIM high


My now 6 year old daughter, who just graduated Kindergarten with flying colors, gave me an entirely new experience yesterday. I'm sitting at work when Courtney begins to Instant Message with me. After a few short exchanges she hands the computer over to Taylor who then begins to Instant Message with me.

My 6 year old daughter was reading what I was typing to her and typing her responses back. My little girl, is not so little anymore. I am quite sure that sooner rather than later her computer knowledge and skills will exceed my own.

7 comments:

Mom and Dad's Blog said...

I would practically guarantee that! And possibly not just in computers, either! But that's okay, because by the time you're old and need looking after, she'll be ready for you! ;)

Is there significance to the AIM High logo?

Aaron said...

I used the AIM logo because we were chatting over AOL's Instant Messaging and I find that a picture usually enhances a posting. It's purely aesthetics.

Mom and Dad's Blog said...

Okay. I've heard of Aim High in a scholastic sense, and wondered if Taylor was being entered in an advanced program or something, since she graduated with flying colors! :)

Shannon said...

That is scary....YOU ARE OLD :-) How do I get music on my blog???

Anonymous said...

Next you'll have to give her a user name and let her contribute to the family blog! Way to go Taylor-girl!

the mommy said...

oooo holly, be careful. you know yours are much closer to that little reality. ;)

yay tay! she's becoming such an amazing little girl. well she's always been amazing, but every story you share makes me more proud to call her my niece. didn't think i could get more proud. :)

Anonymous said...

My kids already tell me what to put on the blog...they just don't have user names. If they did we'd probably have about 10 posts a day! But I think cousin Tay is much more technically inclined than my kids are anyway. We should get the cousins IMing next!