Okay so I am an addict. I find most reality TV so interesting. Real people. Real stuff. Well, at least I like to think so. I don't have tons of time to watch TV but when I do it is probably a reality show. I love Last Comic Standing, like I have said in previous posts. I just think most of the time it is funny. I mostly like that one because Aaron and I can watch it together and laugh, which is one of my favorite things to do...laugh with my husband. Other shows we love are Hell's Kitchen and Iron Chef. Then there are those that are torture for Aaron but if he has to he will suffer through with me like Tori and Dean and the Bachelorette. I love Tori and Dean because it makes me laugh and she is nothing like I thought she was back in the days of 90210.
Anyhow on to the reason for this post. I have watched most seasons of the Bachelor and have just come to see that they are dumb and I don't want to watch. Well a few weeks ago the kids were asleep and I was having some unwind time and the Bachelorette was on. So I watched. And got hooked. I am a sucker for a good love story. And there was one guy on the show, Graham who DeAnna (current bachelorette) had a total connection with. Last week she sent him home. I can't for the life of me figure out why. Aaron suffered through that episode with me and now has been teasing me about how it bothers me. Any of you that read this watch the Bachelorette? What are your thoughts. I am thinking I need to call my Mom and Nana and vent about this, I know they watch. He was clearly the guy for her. He was reserved but hello shouldn't he be. When he left she was in tears and he was quiet but he left her a note to read away from the cameras and all alone. Good for him. I think she made a mistake. Not like my opinion matters.
Have you ever thought what your life would be like as a reality show? I have. Would we be more like the Osbournes or Run's House? I just wonder in the reality of my life what others would think. If there are times that the good is right in front of me and I can't recognize it. It is SO comforting to know that God knows all the ins and outs of my life and He still loves me. He sees the times when I have done good as a Mom and those times when I fall short, yet He still loves. Or times when Aaron and I are less than respectful to one another and the times when we love each other so perfectly, God remains our rock. It is comforting to know that others may have opinions about my life and how we live but my main audience is an audience of One.
On another note, anyone ever see a dog sit like this? Maggie is such a funny dog.
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Reality TV
Posted by Court at Thursday, June 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Courtney, you are hilarious! Unfortunately I don't watch the Bachelor, so I don't exactly know, but I guess it must be frustrating for you!! :) That is just funny.
I would imagine you guys are less like the Osbornes and more like Runs House. I have not actually seen the Osbornes, but I can only imagine... Runs house, on the other hand, I enjoy occasionally.
And, as your last little blurb, our dog sits like that ALL THE TIME- but I always thought she must be the only one. Jaide is a bit mental, I guess her and Maggie would probably be good little dog friends!! :)
The reality show we are enjoying right now is So You Think You Can Dance? We all love it and watch as a family. You might just get hooked if you try it so be warned.
okay yeah, i'm totally hooked on tori and dean, i adore her. lol. and gabe and i love last comic standing, it's been one of our favorites since it began. i too am a reality tv addict. and i get comepletely wrapped up in what's going on. i mean to the point, i'm yelling at the tv. glad to know i have support for my habit. ;)
Post a Comment