TJ usually naps at 9:30 but not today he was in the daycare, but he did exceptionally well. Good. Got home and he was MORE than ready for a nap. I am thinking to myself I will have like an hour or more to myself while he sleeps and I can shower as long as I want. This is gonna be good. Then as I pull up to the house so does our gardener. I just feel weird with TJ sleeping and me in the shower while he is here...so I wait and wait...finally he leaves and I hit the shower.
Halfway through...yes people I am trying to do the unthinkable and wash and condition my hair and shave my legs in the same shower!!! Of course TJ wakes up half way through. But I am determined to finish...I want both legs shaved and the conditioner out of my hair. Selfish I know.
So we manage to get out of the house to get Taylor...on time. Today is her day to take home Rainbow Fish, every student is getting a turn to take Rainbow Fish home for the night
and then they journal about their time and share with the class. Hmm, do you think Rainbow Fish would like to take a nap with Mommy? No. Shoot, didn't think so. I know Rainbow Fish would love to go to Trader Joes. Great idea Mommy. Only Mommy didn't know that it was Senior Citizen Day at Trader Joes. Love the elderly but they are pushy. One lady started humming behind me because I was trying to get Tommy to stay seated, waiting for Taylor to grab her cereal, and turn the corner at the same time. Give me a break lady! Okay so we get in line. Lines aren't long, we'll be out of there in no time. Wait...not today because I happened to pick the line with the sweetest most slowest most oldest lady ever. She forgot to grind her coffee so she left all the rest of her groceries to go grind her coffee...at the check out with her credit card through but she forgot to sign. So the poor Trader Joe guy was like I am sorry. I am thinking I could switch lines but at that point it is kinda like when the car in front of you stops and all the cars behind you start getting over and you are stuck behind the car who is stopped. Know what I mean? So I decide to stay in line. TJ at this point is really trying to get out of the cart. So I think I will open up a bag of pretzels and give him one. Nice idea. Look at me the good and patient Mom. Only when I go to open the pretzels half the bag falls out. Nice. I hand the diaper bag to Taylor to hold...now she has Rainbow Fish, the diaper bag, and a Trader Joe cup she sampled lemonade in (not sure why this cup didn't make it to the trash can and is currently sitting in the car). I pick up all the pretzels and hand them to the poor Trader Joe guy who seems to be having a similar day so he can toss them.
So we make it out and even manage a quick stop on the way home for fresh Strawberries at the local stand. The day can be salvaged yet!
We get home and I grab the groceries. Easy right? Not if it is today. Of course my pineapple leaked out all over my clean floors. And got the other stuff sticky! So I get TJ and then clean things up. Only TJ thinks that cat food is the BEST thing he has ever eaten so I have to strap him in the high chair or else he just won't stop eating it! So I am cleaning the floors, unloading groceries and feeding TJ yogurt. I am a woman of many talents!
Hopefully you can see all my humor behind this day, as sarcastic as I may be! I am determined to make this day end well. So I am treating myself. My most favorite treat. Remember how I shaved my legs today? Well, I am washing our sheets. Yes indeedy, my favorite treat. Shaved legs with lotion and fresh cool crisp sheets to sleep in. Heaven. Well, I am sure heaven will be loads better...but I bet we get to have shaved legs and clean sheets as part of the deal. So tonight will end well. We are going to have a tea party with Rainbow Fish. Have dinner. Have bath time. Aaron has Bible Study. So if all goes well kids will fall asleep and I will have a few minutes all to my lonesome with Last Comic Standing (makes me laugh so hard). Anyone else love a few minutes of quiet in their own home? Another slice of heaven for me. So I will wait for Aaron to get home and we will laugh through the end of Last Comic Standing, I will attempt to catch him up. And then I will go to bed...with my shaved legs and clean sheets....
What do you do to treat yourself? I am curious if anyone does anything as goofy as me...
Here are a few pictures from our tea party with Rainbow Fish...enjoy!!!
Making our tea:) TJ can't figure out why his cup is always empty. I guess Taylor really makes our pretend tea seem too good. It is pretty funny to see him turn his cup upside wondering why his doesn't taste good!
I promise she doesn't bite! Mags looking a little Magalicious!
Punk Rock Kitty!
Our hostess, punk rock Belle...I mean Taylor!
Tommy, the prince of the party. Tay and I dressed him up too...but I think his Daddy would have a fit if I posted his Boy in a pink outfit...trust me it was a good laugh!



8 comments:
How is that stand? Trusted? It's the one on LOV and the freeway right? I've thought of going there...but I have a thing about crops by a freeway...something about particulate matter.
Our first time getting them there but they are good. We have friends that go there and say they are bussed in from Santa Maria daily. We usually go to AVB and get them unless we happen to be in the Santa Maria area and we either go to stand by Stowell or the drive through place right off freeway. If nothing else we get them fresh from Ralphs who gets them from Mexico. Haha, JK...always local:)!!
Your shopping trip sounded like mine the other day. I love that I can picture you in the kitchen cleaning, feeding, and putting away groceries. To treat myself I like to sit on the couch with a cup of tea and read blogs, or watch Lost in bed with a glass of wine, and I love the whole sheet-shaved legs thing. Also, a big one is getting my hair cut. Someone else washing my hair, someone getting me a drink and reading magazines.
Thanks for the pixs and the little insights into your lives. You didn't say much about Tigger though; hows he getting along with the dog? Great hearing about Taylor's reading skills too! Better luck at the store next time, but remember - you guys are still live'n the good life. - Ric
Courtney - what a great blog. Now I know why you didn't pick up the phone when I called - your hands were busy! ;)I love that pic - well, all the pics - but the last one of TJ. Eyes are dads, but the rest is Taylor. So very adorable. Does he often look that angelic? If he takes after his daddy, looks are deceiving! ;) Just kidding, Aaron! Great time of tea party with kids. (And pets.) Love it. Keep 'em coming.
Oh - the self-treating thing. I love a pedicure. Well - not the pedicure as much as the nice looking feet afterwards. Don't relate to the shaved legs thing - I have maybe 2 or 3 hairs on both legs combined. So that is a low priority. Probably my favorite thing is a good book, a nice day, and out either on my north patio - my private hideaway - or on the swing, where I can drop off to nap in moments. With the fountain going, of course.
wow, i've had that day before. but you are super mom and it sounds like it turned out great anyway. love the pictures, those two get cuter daily.
as for treating myself, i'm all about clean sheets. in fact, we have "clean sheet day" which my husband was introduced to five years ago. i won't let anyone into the bed after i've washed all the sheets and pillowcases without a shower/bath/hosing down with the garden hose. weird i know, but with two little one's under two they will be "not clean" soon enough. lol
Courtney, oh my goodness!! This sounds like my life!! I love love love this post.
Why does life sometimes have to be so crazy?! Oh ya, because we have young children and easy things become impossible!!!
Seriously, this was my day today. I made dinner with a negative amount of hands (Carrying a baby the whole time, except when I had to grate cheese-- kinda hard with only one hand!) and keeping my 3 year old 'helper' away from the scorching hot oven all at the same time. I don't think there was one time after 8:15am that both of my children were awake and not screaming today. For some reason... it was one of those days!!
My treat is watching a show with my hubby and having some dessert. (preferred show = LOST!!!)
I laughed so hard reading this blog.....MAN.....What an awesome MOM you are!
Post a Comment