CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 27, 2008

More

Tommy is such a comedian. He loves to make us laugh. He puts everything on his head as a hat, even though he knows it is not a hat and then looks at us and waits for us to laugh. He has also started climbing up everything. His favorite place to climb right now is the coffee table. He climbs up and then sits on the very edge while he dangles his feet and grunts out songs or makes the loogie sound and points. Here is a picture of him on the coffee table with a plastic bowl on his head as a hat. Funny boy!

Tommy has been stubborn with his words. I know he understands us, he responds accordingly. Like, "Go get Sister." And he'll walk over and get Taylor. But the actual talking has not been happening. I was not so worried about it until I noticed that other babies around Tommy's age were talking and even using some baby sign. I got concerned. And went on turbo mode of the basic baby signs to promote him talking. I must say that Tommy has for about five months now talked in his own little language. He grunts and we respond. He makes this other sound, sounds like he is about to "halk a loogie" (sorry not sure how else to describe it) and we respond. He points and makes one of those sounds and we respond. He does say "hi" too but it sounds a bit more like "ahh" like he is super surprised.


So the other day Aaron is yelling that Tommy is doing "more" in sign language. Yeah! How freaking excited are we! He is also getting down the please and thank you signs. He is not all the time consistent but that is okay, he is learning. It is a joy to see him grow but I can't help but think sometimes, "Where has the Baby gone?" as I am watching this Funny Outgoing Happy Little Boy emerge. I am overwhelmed with the joy of who my two children are becoming and that I get to be a part of that growth. All the little milestones like Tommy learning "more" are so precious to me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My precious TJ. He is so funny!

His "language" sounds a lot like a cat hissing...... Dad and I think he picked this up from Tigger :-)

the mommy said...

as a little way of encouragment, noah took for-EVER to talk too! i hear most boys do. he's all about goofing off and doing things, but talking is just not high on his list. over the past month or so he's started really talking finally, and it's so fun to hear is little voice saying such grow-up words. so be encouraged, he'll be talking back to you soon enough. ;)

Larissa said...

Yay!! They are such little (BIG) blessings!! So happy for your beautiful family.

Shannon said...

So fun...I love your music!