The other day we were in the store and TJ and I meandered into the toy section. We first came to what is, traditionally girl toys. Barbies, stuffed animals, play kitchens, dolls and all things pink. The reaction from my little man ... nothing. No wide eyed wonder, no sighs of amazement no hand clapping or points. Just a look of bewilderment and he attempted to make sense of his bizarre and unfamiliar surroundings.
Then, we traversed into the traditionally boys section. Cars and action figures, swords and weapons, police and military get-up and all things dirty sticky and dangerous. My little man's reaction, laughter, joy, and glee. Clapping of hands, pointing and instant association that he had arrived in "his" section of the toys. Then in a moment of overwhelming excitement ... he squealed, like a little girl.




3 comments:
Or perhaps squealing is an early environmental response that boys grow out of and girls don't. Just a theory...I don't think I'll publish it...Kathy, put down that knife ;-)
don't worry about that...I've have nearly squealed over a good cup of coffee and a big pepperoni stick in the morning on my way to work. At least he recognized what is important... just wait till he starts talking; he'll be able to tell you just what he should have and why.- Dad.
And then, when you tell him why he shouldn't have it - he'll challenge you, and possibly convince you that he is right and you are OLD!
Post a Comment