I've come to realize that I am a typical white American. How can I tell?
1. My sense and sensibilities have been assaulted by various large, rotund men on the beach wearing just enough to bore the imagination. Something that appears not to bother anybody else not from my hemisphere.
2. My first shower over here I saw that not only was the nozzle color coded, but it was labeled with the corresponding temperature. Wondering you could turn it to well below 30 degrees which would shoot ice cubes at a terminal velocity I turned it to a pleasant 85-90 degrees. As the hot molten lava melted the skin off my body I realized that as a stupid American I assumed that since I, an American was staying in the room obviously it must be labeled in Fahrenheit. Oh Celsius. So not Fahrenheit.
3. Rice comes with everything and I'm the only one thinking ... really? Rice Ice Cream?
4. I'm the only one around here monolingual. For all the people of this region don't have by Western standards, most everyone speaks at least 2 languages, some more.
Here are some pictures of my commute to work
Standing at the door of the office looking down the street the office is on
The view from the floor my office is on in the early morning before I head home
Typical public transportation. A motorcycle strapped to a basket on wheels
Yes the guy in the corner is doing what it looks like he is doing
Side market
Random shot into the sun
Josh's Internet Cafe
Bridge over the water
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Yup, I'm a White American
Posted by Aaron at Thursday, May 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment