
Ever been in a new place you are unfamiliar with feeling lonely and missing everything that IS familiar to you? That was me the other day. Then I discovered this. We have a few in the area where I live and it was a resplendent euphoria to discover this little piece of home a half a world away from friends and family.
I found this at the mall ... well they aren't really malls here. They are more like domed cities spanning multiple floors and several football fields in length. I had taken the shuttle to this mall because the hotel offered a routine shuttle to and from the mall. What they didn't tell you is that they don't pick you up in exactly the right spot. So after standing in the horrid humidity for almost an hour I called the hotel (after the pay phone at my first round of coins) to discover that it was going to be another hour before the shuttle came back around. At this point I'd been up for over 24 hours and I was not a pleasant person to be around. Then I found my happy place. Mmmm ... Coffee, the great equalizer.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
A breath of familiarity
Posted by Aaron at Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
lol :) So happy for you! Your own bed will feel ohhhh, so good!
nice! Sounds like fun....
Hey my friend...did the mall have a Shoe-Mart? When I was there last, every mall had Shoe-mart as their anchor store. It is like acres and acres of everything you could possibly imagine for sale. And none of the layout of the store made any sense to me. But I loved the creative chaos.
The name of the mall was The Shoe-Mart Mall. They even had a big "SM" sign on the outside of the mall. And yes I agree, acres and acres on 3 floors of shopping. And not only were the stores haphazardly laid out but so is the mall itself. Weird angles and random hallways with no stores, just a corner to a different part of the mall.
Post a Comment