CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Thoughts

Hmmm....so it has been awhile since we last posted. I think I have been in a blog funk...my mood is blah. I think I have been going turbo speed through life and am a little on burn out. That and I honestly can not remember the last time I slept all the way through the night. It is, I am convinced, the greatest form of torture. Forget weapons of mass destruction. Just get the bad people and every time they fall asleep wake them up...night after night after night. Last night I was to the point of tears, I just wanted to sleep. Thankfully my husband recognized my tears as needing some sleep and he took TJ out of the room and allowed me a bit of rest. Now he is tired. I have tried it all it seems. Not sure what to try next. The problem is that my son thinks I run a 24 Hour Drive Thru...he wants to nurse all night...even after he has had a sufficient dinner. I have tried to take the stand that he won't be little long and that is special bonding time for him and I. I know it is, I realize it is. I believe this to be true which is why I have nursed both my Babies. Taylor until one and a half and TJ, well not sure when he will be done. Anyhow, I just am struggling to find that inner joy from bonding with my Baby at 11 pm on...all night long. I have tried giving him only water in his sippy cup. Which I heard of other Mom's doing and I thought how could they. Well I thought that when I could nurse Tay right back to sleep. TJ on the other hand not so much. Funny how we do that...say we will "never" or "how could they" until we are faced with a situation in which we do. Lord, if my son is not sleeping from any judgement I may have passed. Please forgive me.

On other notes...we are counting the days until school is done...June 12th. Yeah! I am looking forward to summer, very much! Not sure how I will figure my gym time in, which I have grown to love. I have lost 15 pounds, yeah! Still have so much more to go but I definitely have that bug. Getting more sleep would be helpful in the having energy department though. Funny how actually exercising even when low on energy helps with giving me more energy...that and a few cups of coffee. Tay starts soccer soon...I think I will coach after all. Tay lost another tooth last night...finally! It was her front one that she had yet to loose and it was hanging all funny and kinda sticking out. She looked like she had in Halloween teeth:). She is so precious. I love my girl!

We had a nice 3 day weekend. Saturday we did the Bob Jones trail with the kids and Maggie. A 5.6 mile round trip, but the turn around is the park in Avilla Beach. Our favorite park to play at. After that we came home and watched a couple movies. Nice time. Sunday our church had an awesome baptismal service at the beach. It was an awesome time of worshipping on the sand. I love baptismal services, they are refreshing. Only thing is it was freezing...so the pastor and elders and people getting baptised had to be SO cold! After church we ventured to the Strawberry Festival in AG...fun times. We went last year. Funny to be here and experiencing things a year later...good time to ponder the past year. We had a fun time. Tay got her face painted and rode a few kid rides. We walked around and looked at all the fair type stuff and ate good food. And of course brought home the most yummy fresh strawberries. Yesterday, Monday, I cleaned house while Aaron ran a few errands with both kids. Then he worked with Tay on riding her bike without training wheels...she did really good! Then we had friends over for a yummy BBQ.

Today....well today we are playing hooky. We all slept late because of the lack of sleep. And Tay stayed home from school. Aaron of course went to work. So a nice day for me and the kids, an added 4th day to our 3 day weekend. The only thing now is trying to figure in my work out since I will miss going to the gym. I think I will just have to hit my good ol'treadmill once TJ naps. So this is a random post on life here lately...hope it finds you all doing well:) I promise to post some pictures at some point this week!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing. I know that feeling that you could cry from lack of sleep. Our little one is getting four molars and it is not much fun around here. Glad you had a good weekend and enjoy your day.

Mom and Dad's Blog said...

Thanks so much for taking the time to post, even though you are in a blog fog. I think words fail me to describe to you just how helpful it is to have that resource when we live so far away. How did people do it in days gone by - before computers?? I wouldn't be as patient, probably! Or you might have to put up with more phone calls, and I know phone time is sometimes at a premium. I understand your extreme lack of sleep.I remember when Gabe brought his first 6 teeth in within one month. Nobody slept much that month. And since my kids were so close together, it was pretty much a blurrrr. I'll be praying. And good for you losing 15 pounds when life is hard! You go girl!

Larissa said...

Not sleeping is the absolute worst, period. I agree.
I hope you guys all figure out sleep soon and get some much needed through the night sleep!!!

Anonymous said...

In WW2, the Japanese would keep waking up the POWs continually. After two weeks of this, they could be convinced of anything. When let out of prison, most of them would not leave. They didn't care about life any more.

Lack of sleep can do that.