CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Weekend in Cebu

It's Sunday afternoon here which means where everyone I really care about is, it's just past midnight Sunday morning. I first have to take a minute and brag about my wife, she's been amazing through this whole experience. I can't imagine how difficult she must have it staying at home and she's been just absolutely amazing and supportive.

So, last night the locals at our new office here put together a little shin-dig to say goodbye to Adrian (my co-worker who's been here for 3 weeks and left today) and to say hello to me. It was fun times to be had all the way around. The Philippiano people have been absolutely amazing to us and they are an extremely generous people. They had rented out a, well I guess you could describe it as a lean-to on the top of a mountain top that had an amazing view of the city lights below (tried to take a picture but it didn't turn out). They are very into karaoke here and we stayed there for about 8 hours singing karaoke. They also fed us ....

We turned this


Into this


And I enjoyed all their hospitality


So now am here pretty much by myself and I was standing on my desk outside my room looking to the right at the rest of the hotel


Then to my left




and I thought, hey, why don't I go out and enjoy that.

5 comments:

Court said...

Looks beautiful! I am glad that you are getting to experience this. I miss you terribly and am trying hard not to get too anxious over the fact that we still have quite a ways to go. Talk to you soon:)

Mom and Dad's Blog said...

I'm glad you went out and enjoyed that! I can't even imagine what all you're enjoying. I have to remind myself that you are there to work! Some party they threw for you and your co-worker. Maybe we should take a lesson! ;) Enjoy

Pastor Josh said...

Boy, you are in the big leagues now. I once visited a messianic Jewish church which had merged with a philipino congregation and they were having a potluck. So while the rabbi was preaching about Jesus, the smell of roasting pork was filling the whole building. They had a pig like that on a portable spit. It was crazy. Enjoy the perks. Hey, I just remembered that I have perks with my job too. Last week I got to visit civilization and eat at Hu Hot. Woo Hoo. At least I came home with 21 new and used books. That rocks.

Larissa said...

that looks beautiful Aaron, I'm glad you decided to go out and enjoy it!!

CoachZ said...

Bro you gotta get things right at least:

Tagalo = Tagalog
Philippiano = Filipino

Glad you are doing good...I've never heard the word Butchoy, must be a Cebuano thing...there are thousands of dialects. Tagalog is the main language.

I guess I should have given you some culture lessons before you left?

Good job Courtney! If you need some emergency hang out time let us know.