Peace is such a beautiful thing. In this world of so many choices, there are times I am unsure of which is the right to make. We all have free will and I love that God did not create me to be His robot but instead loves me in spite of my imperfectness. He chooses to love me when I walk down the wrong road, He loves me regardless. I think right up there with His love and grace is one of the greatest gifts He gives, His peace. It is His way of affirming us. Peace can act as a compass for choices we have to make. Peace is like a fresh breath of air. I can get so anxious about walking through a new door, change is hard for me. There were so many emotions going into me working and getting this job that it was hard for either Aaron or myself to truly feel that peace I am talking about. However we both knew that one of us needed to get that part time job and this was the door that opened. So we walked through it. Both praying and asking God to be there. (This is a picture of peace. My precious Baby Boy sleeping at 5 days old.)
Last night was my first day at work. All day long my nerves were twisted. Will I look okay? Will they like me? Will anyone be mean to me? Will I say something stupid? Will they judge me? Laugh at me? I felt like it was the first day at a new school. Something beautiful happened last night. Peace happened. I walked up the steps to work, walked through the door and was greeted. I was greeted with the ladies I am working with being welcoming. I heard things like, "Yeah, I am SO excited you are finally here." I even got a, "You look so cute.". And the store director says to me, "Now I can finally do this." as she gave me a hug. There was lots to learn and lots more I have to learn. I think I will always be learning with this job and I love that. The peace was amazing. As the night wore on I could feel my nerves untwisting. I of course missed my family but I know by working, I am still serving them. I enjoyed myself and even laughed some.
Just wanted to say a big, "Thank You" to all of you who prayed for me. That is actually what I thought about as I was walking in the door. It was comforting to know I had prayer warriors out there. My next night to work is Thursday. I don't expect every night to be like last night, I am sure I will have hard shifts. I just pray that most nights are like last night. And I really need God and His peace to stick with me...or that as I get more comfortable with working I don't forget to call on His name for strength and ask for that peace.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Peace
Posted by Court at Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
So glad it went so well! :)
He is so precious there, sleeping... so sweet.
It feels good to be lead, doesn't it, and know for sure you're doing the right thing at the right time. Makes the sacrifices easier, too, when they come.
Congrats on the new job!
Ditto, Holly. It's always good to be able to look back and see the leading, and if (or rather, WHEN) the tough times come, you can remind God that He put you there, and He has promised to sustain us. I have had to do that so many times!
Ditto, Holly. It's always good to be able to look back and see the leading, and if (or rather, WHEN) the tough times come, you can remind God that He put you there, and He has promised to sustain us. I have had to do that so many times!
YEAAAAAAAAA!!!! You're going to be amazing!!! I loved what Aaron did for you :-)
Post a Comment