There are times when Aaron overwhelms me with his creativity. Thursday was a day full of surprises. I was awakened by him playing the song we danced to at our wedding, Lonestar's song Amazed. He was already dressed. I figured he was being sweet before he had to go to work. Because I still thought he was working on our anniversary. He told me that he had already been to the gym and he had the day off. He said it was my time to get to the gym and I had to be home by 9. That is all the details I was given. So I put the control side of me aside. I got up and went to the gym. I started my day with a run which is my most favorite thing to do but it rarely happens. Such a treat. When I came home the house was clean. I was instructed to get in the shower. We had to be somewhere by a certain time. I had no idea where the certain place was. Again, the control part of me was wanting to come out. But I suppressed my inner control freak and allowed Aaron to give me this day. I got dressed and did my make-up, barely having enough time. I left the house with my hair wet and no idea where we were going. I honestly thought we might be going for a walk on the beach with the kids but had no idea.
Aaron had arranged for me to get my hair done. I have not been since December, for a trim or anything. It is easy to go so long for me since my hair is kind of like Marsha Brady, long and straight. However, I was way overdue. I have not even thought of making an appointment because it is quite pricey and I have not wanted to spend that money on myself. But between you and I, I really wanted it done with me starting a new job and all. Well, Aaron and the kids walked me in and he had set up everything for me. So sweet. I think I had perm-a-grin the whole time I was there. Yes for being there. But more than that, my husband knew my needs and surprised me. Aaron also thought enough to bring me a yummy coffee while I was there. I felt so incredibly special. While I was getting my hair done, Aaron cleaned the house, got the kids ready for swim lessons and took Tay to swim lessons.
After swim they picked me up and we headed home. I still had no idea what laid ahead for the rest of the day. Aaron still would not tell me. We get home, to a clean house and I have a gift from Aaron and Taylor. Last Saturday Aaron took Tay to a pottery shop and they made me a coffee mug. It is precious to me, knowing they designed it. I am not even sure I feel comfortable using it because I don't want it to break. Knowing that Aaron was the only guy in the shop makes me giggle, especially when he told me that the shop also happened to be hosting a bridal party the same day. After I get my mug, Aaron tells me that he has arranged for a friend to come and watch the kids. He is taking me somewhere and I still have no idea where. I love that we go somewhere in the middle of the day so that we are home to do bedtime and dinner with the kids.
Aaron took me to downtown and we walked around holding hands. It is nice to walk as a couple and not as parents pushing strollers and holding little hands sometimes. He took me to Chino's, a fresh Mexican sort of place. We have been wanting to try it for some time but it is usually so busy. On this day it happened to be pretty quiet and we had a nice lunch. We walked around some more. Going into all the little shops. We talked to each other and just had a nice time. We came home after a few hours, got the kids and Maggie, and went to the beach. We walked around and looked at what happened to be the most beautiful sunset over the ocean. It was the perfect ending to a perfect day. I felt special. I am married to such a wonderful man. Oh, and he even took Friday off. Two days for our anniversary, so special. I am SO blessed.



5 comments:
Oh my goodness!!! That is so sweet... what a nice day of surprises!! :)
What a wonderful day! Happy Anniversary!!
Wow. What a sweet guy! Where'd you find him? ;)
By the way, your hair looks great!
Sounds like he's taking a page from his Father-in-law's book of how to make your wife feel loved.
I knew there was something I loved about this man :-)
Post a Comment