Details...for those of you waiting on pins and needles. I did in fact get a job. Part time at Sephora. I will be working in the evenings and on weekends. As much as Aaron or I working every day of the week does not sound appealing there is a good side. The good side is my kids are not in daycare but are with their Daddy and on weekends I will be out by 7ish on Saturdays and 6ish on Sundays. The negotiation part with them seemed to take forever. It was all about scheduling, pay, and playing phone tag. I think all the kinks are now worked out.
I am excited. And SO nervous. I am working 4 days next week, starting on Tuesday. So please pray for me. I will be wearing my all black gear again. The difference between Sephora and the Benefit counter is I have to wear all black shoes and black socks! Umm, I don't ever wear socks...unless I am working out and then they are short special ones that don't make my feet all sweaty and they don't show. I especially don't wear black socks! Working at Benefit I wore colorful shoes to spice up the all black top and bottom. So, Shannon...you sure are gettin' lots of shout outs on my blog...I think I will have to break down and buy a pair of Dansko's. I know they are better for my feet and back compared to my cutsie flats...but I swore I'd never wear them. Oh well, the nice thing is maybe the height will make me appear thinner...and my feet won't ache after I get off.
I am excited too that I get to still work with Benefit, since the store has a beautiful section:). I am also excited to get to know all the other lines. And to grow more in this field. And to be with all the women, most of which will be younger than me. I love that I get to build these relationships with these women...I miss the excitement and energy of my girls at the counter in Sacramento. Yeah...but did I mention I am SO nervous!!!
So if you could pray, here are a few specific requests:
-My family time would remain quality. That Aaron and I would hold on to everything we have gained as a couple and for our family in the last year and a half that I have not worked.
-As much as some aspects are going to be fun and exciting, I am working because we need the money. So pray that this will relieve not add to stress.
-The week long training I have to go to in November will go smoothly. And that I will be okay to leave the kids or if I am still nursing Tommy it will somehow work for him to come.-On that note, nursing my son. I think we are ready to ween. Especially with me working at night, it is only fair that he learn to go to sleep without nursing. This is another bittersweet aspect of it all. He is such an active boy and nursing is the time we have to bond. He has began to cuddle more, so maybe this can replace it....
-I will be able to get in there and show them that I can do the job and that I am respectable. Hopefully this will give me a little flexibility in asking for days and hours as my family life can change. For example Taylor's soccer and Aaron's softball.
Thank you all for praying. I am excited for this chapter of my life. Of our life. But again SO nervous. Change is nerve wrecking. So if you remember pray. And praise God too that a door was opened.



2 comments:
I will be praying and am excited for you. You will do great.
Ditto what has already been commented. Seriously Courtney, you are SO GOOD at this stuff! And your co-workers will all love you :) Sorry about the all black stuff, but get that pair of Danskos. You will never be sorry! Wish you could get them at my store - she has punch cards! I'd really like to use that to get a pair of boots this winter, but may not be able to fill it in time. Anyway, Danskos are awesome. Remember when I came home from work and I could not even stand on my feet any more? Take care of those feet! Love you, and can't wait to see you. Less than 2 weeks :)
Post a Comment