CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Coffee Talk

Coffee...I had too much too late. That and a lot on my mind. We moved here just over a year ago. In this time, God has done amazing things for our family. God opened doors that were meant for us to walk through and He gave us all the peace and strength to do so. We really relied on Him. Our quality of life, our family time is 100% different now. We take time to just be. To take walks. We explore our town...the beaches, trails, and downtown. We take time to be with each other. We sit at the table for meals together. There is once again change on the horizon. We knew that eventually one of us would need to get a part time job. We have prayed and both looked. The door for me has opened. After being told no with a job I wanted I have had 4 interviews and was offered the job today. It is bittersweet. Details are still in the works, I will share more when I know more. I am nervous to loose what we have gained as a family. I once again need God's peace and strength to walk through this door. (Picture is me with my "Gangsta" face, in my new free shirt from the farmer's market. These guys were nice enough to give it to me with two hip hop Christian CD's that are actually really good.)


I have realized how much when I rely on God for my strength, I have good strength. I am strong in what I believe. I have the strength to carry out my duties. I am confident that He will care for us. When I have not taken the time to allow Him to be my strength, I have fake strength, a strength that underneath is weak. I break easily, a comment hurts more than it should. I have little patience for my family. I put up a wall of this "toughness" that is just that, a wall. I don't want weak strength, I need that real strength from Jesus. Especially as there is change on the horizon. I am nervous. I want to do well with this change. I need us as a family to transition well. I need God to walk this road before me and come back to walk it with me. (Picture is of our two sleeping Babies. We love to just look at them when they sleep, so peaceful, so precious, especially when they are cuddling.)


On a slightly different note...My prayer time with Taylor has been amazing. As much as I thought it would be a time for me to teach her, she has actually taught me a great deal. She thanks God every time she prays for dying on the cross so we didn't have to. She thanks Him and tells Him how amazing it was that three days later He rose again. Wow! I don't pray that, or have gotten out of that habit. I pray for things like our future and our days. I ask for help and thank God for what He has done for us. Which is important but I have in a way forgotten the underlying "basics". She prays for whoever is having a birthday that day to have a happy birthday because everyday is some one's birthday. Her prayers are selfless. She is teaching me how to not be so selfish in my prayers. I am so thankful for her. (This picture is from last Friday. We met friends at the beach and played all day. Aaron watched Tommy so we could just have a day together. It was SO much fun!)

2 comments:

Larissa said...

I am excited for you as you start on this new path. And can't wait to hear the details!
It is so awesome that you are relying on Him for what you need to get through this adjustment.
Thanks for sharing this!
(by the way- pics are ADORABLE!!)

Mom and Dad's Blog said...

Awesome blog, Courtney! I love hearing about your growth in Christ, and about your prayer times with Tay. That is so special. Anxious to hear the details, and might give you a call on my way back to work! Tend to impatience here! The photos are precious. It sure shortens the distance, and I'm very thankful.