
Our summer has been SO busy. I have tried hard to keep our schedule light but to make sure each day is fun. Today we had an unexpected surprise. Our neighbor knocked on our door with a bag full of fresh peaches from her backyard (anyone with a good peach cobbler recipe?). Yummy. As nice as that was, we had an unexpected surprise on our door. A huge box from Auntie Holly full of goodies for the kids. Thanks to our Montana family:) The kids were more than thrilled to have a box full of goodies on a fogged over summer morning! I took pictures to show you all. Tommy got a beautiful blanket, a hammer, and two wooden Little People (one is The Hulk and the other is Spiderman). So precious. The hammer happens to be the toy he plays with
always in the toy isle. It makes noise when you bang it and he loves to hit everything, so perfect! Taylor got a precious pillow that was hand stitched with a beautiful flower by Auntie Holly. Tommy also got beautifully made cards by Cousins Hannah and Isiah. FYI I am working on creating a flicker account so that I can post pictures of our summer adventures but here are a few from our outing yesterday to a local beach... Thank you again Montana McFarland's, we will call you soon!
He is loving his new toys:)
The ocean, this particular beach is most of the time overcast. There was perfect views of Morro Bay and lots of tide pools to hunt for sea creatures. So fun. Shanny, I can't look at Morro Rock now without laughing out loud at how you and Aaron were running around it with 100 mph winds while the kids and I sat and literally rocked in the car!
Climbing the sand dunes, talk about a killer workout! Taylor had the energy to do this over and over. No wonder she has awesome leg muscles!
Tommy's favorite thing to do. He tastes everything! Not sure if his favorite thing is the tasting or just grossing Mommy out!
Don't be fooled...he played long enough for me to snap a picture and then was off to find the next thing to pop in his mouth!
4 comments:
Yay, I'm so glad it arrived. Love you all bunches!! Thanks for the pictures; too sweet.
Oh my goodness! What adorable pictures. And that one of Tommy looking into the camera with a hammer and ?? in each hand - I've got to find the picture of his daddy in a very similar pose. That is almost scary! Can't wait for Aug. 8! Wow - 2 1/2 weeks! Nice job, Holly. They blanket and pillow look great! :)
Funny, I thouhgt Mom would comment on Tommy's oral similarity to his Daddy... :)
I didn't think about it. Until I read your comment, Holly! Thanks for the memory... (Read sarcasm here ;) YUKKKY!
Post a Comment