CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 14, 2008

Calm in the Midst of a Storm

Crazy past couple of days. My Babies have had rough days.

Yesterday my Baby Boy followed his Mamma into the kitchen as I was taking food out of the oven. The oven was closed but in the split second I turned around he stuck his tiny fingers in that area between the oven and the broiler on the bottom. Right away there were blisters and tears I felt, feel, horrible. Wish I could make it better.

So today I had the Doctor look at his fingers. Second degree burns, that need to be wrapped, his tiny hand wrapped like a boxer. I cried to the nurse. As his hand was getting wrapped Tay looks at me and says, Mom I think I should throw up. And her face is whitest white. So I handed Tommy to the nurse and rushed her to the bathroom and sure enough she throws up.

My Baby Girl started with a temperature and tummy ache two days ago. Progressed to a bad cough, head ache, and sore throat. Today while at the Doctor and being diagnosed with croup is when she threw up. Throwing up is no fun at all especially at the Doctor's office with wet paper towels instead of wet wash cloths. Her temperature is 103 and she is miserable, chills and all. Wish I could make it better.

So it has been one of those days. Both Babies now are sleeping soundly. My Boy in his swing, he loves that thing. And my Girl in our bed, your parents bed is always more comfy when you are sick. Right now there is a calm in the midst of a stormy day. (Not literally, the sunshine is calling us to come out and play...) So Lysol spray is my friend right now and lots of hand washing. But please if you read this and have a second pray that this will be the end and we won't all come down with this and that Tommy's fingers will heal quickly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you. Wish we could be there to give you all great big hugs! Much love.

Larissa said...

Oh, it's so hard to see children hurting, isn't it?! I really hope they feel better soon, and that you and Aaron don't get sick, either!

Anonymous said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh Court!!! Rough day!!