CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 3, 2008

He Listens

There are times that my husband does not listen to me, he may hear me but he doesn't listen. We have had so much going on lately so we have not had much talk time. I was talking to him last night and then asked him what I had just told him, I had a feeling I was not being really listened to. He had no idea what I had just said. I was frustrated, and a tad hurt.

I was up until 1 am cleaning because it is the best time sometimes, I don't have to keep stopping. It is my uninterrupted time. Last night I was tired. I am SO sore from working out with the trainer...so every movement to clean the floors or whatever was a bit more strenuous. And I was just tired. But I had to get things done, because today we had the property management people come take a look at the house to see whether or not the yard was fit for a dog and to see if Tigger had done any damage. Anyhow, I got up this morning to finish up the house...if it is sounding like the house was a wreck, it kinda was I had not unpacked us all from Spring Break and we have just had a busy week and I was gone last week so the house I usually have very up kept was not so much.

So today I woke up after very broken sleep to finish things up and go to the gym at 1130 for round 2 of an ass whoopin' training session. I am using muscles that have been in hibernation for about ten years. Hopefully this will give me those results I want. Okay, kind of got off track there. So on the way to the gym I called Aaron to "vent" about how I had so much more to do at the house, when was I going to shower, and we got a medical call before I left saying they show we have no insurance from my surgery. So much to do, oh and the medical place is only open Monday-Thursday. Today is Thursday, so when do I have time to call? Oh and the appliance guy was going to be here between 2 and 5 to fix dishwasher. And I have to pick up Taylor at 130. And Tommy took a little nap so when was I going to get him to nap in the midst of this day. So I called Aaron to give him an earful...I should probably also add that he is VERY busy at work right now. The first of the month is always busy but right now is especially so. So probably not the best time for your stressed out wife to call with an earful! Oops!

So after my killer workout. We literally only jump roped and did squats for 45 minutes...my legs are jelly. I come home with 20 minutes before I have to pick up Taylor. Tommy is napping in his car seat so I open garage, get broom and plan on sweeping the front porch and back patio. Since it is Cobweb City and the property management guy will be looking outside. I take the broom and go to look up squinting already at the bugs that are bound to fall on my face and into my hair. And there is none. No cobwebs. No nasty bugs. Nothing, it is clean. I stand there a bit taken aback. I think the gardener must have come and blown it all...but he doesn't usually do all that and the grass isn't freshly mowed. Now I am a bit confused.

I put broom back and come inside since I still have a little time and Tommy is still sleeping. I'll just get a glass of water (f.y.i.-I can see the car from the kitchen). As I am in here I see that Aaron has been here. He has taken care of the medical bill thing. Made a few phone calls and has taken care of it. Taken care of me. He listened to me. He reacted to what he heard. He swept the front porch and back patio. I feel such love and gratitude. I am very independent and do a lot on my own, but I feel so loved that on those days when I just can't my husband listens and helps. Thank you Baby:) You filled my love tank by sweeping and taking care of the insurance thing. Most importantly you more than heard me, you listened to me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Blog!! Great Blog!!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Aaron! And what a beautiful thing for you to praise him in your blog for every one to see, Court. You might enjoy praising him here, too: Something Good

the mommy said...

nicely plugged holly. ;) aaron, you've made a proud sister-in-law, and court i love that your shared it with us. it's fabulous being a part of your family.

Mom and Dad's Blog said...

Bear,
Good for you! I'm glad you're taking care of your wife. I guess I need to take some lessons from you. Are you thinking about getting a dog? I used to think a standard (full sized) Mastiff would be cool...kind of like a giant bull dog. Mom used to like St. Bernards...very pretty.

Larissa said...

awww....