CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 14, 2008

Our Hike

Saturday Aaron had an all day men's softball thing with church so the kids and I set out an adventure of our own. I recently bought a hiking backpack to carry TJ in, I wanted to test it out. Taylor of course was up for a nice walk...so off we went...I'll let the pictures tell the story of our adventure:)

Eager to start our hike and so excited that the backpack for TJ came with a zip off one for her to carry...this might be the best part! She carried our water, fruit, and trail mix.
Our self portrait:) Of course Tay can't resist giving me Bunny Ears:)
TJ and I...ready to hit the trail!Little benches along the hike, perfect for a quick picture...or rest:)
My little hiking buddy, posing for a picture with the beautiful surroundings:) Although she is the most beautiful thing in the picture!
"X" marks the spot...we walked a lot and this "X" was at the top of the hill where we decided to turn around...after walking for about 45 minutes.
We stumbled upon a park and play area...we passed it the first time and then stopped on our way back for a snack and play time.
Playing on the swing before we are off to finish our trip!
The fatigue is setting in...
At the end of our walk a lady was walking with a bird. She let the bird sit on Tay's shoulder, it gave her kisses, and talked to us. A nice distraction from her fatigue!
TJ completely wiped out! He actually fell asleep, I guess the backpack wasn't too uncomfy for him:) Sweet Boy!
After our hike we went to our local farm for some fresh fruit and veggies. Yummy!
We had some delicious sorbet at the farm:)
"Mommy that was good! Can I have some more?"
Sleepy Boy! Completely wiped out!

Lots of pictures I know but I just had to share! I do have to add that Taylor and Tommy were such troopers. We hiked longer than most adults that were out on the trail! My little girl hiked herself into blisters! We walked 45 minutes out, which I thought would take us less time on the way back, the turn around is always less....unless you are traveling with kids:) It took us about an hour and a half to get back! We had SO much fun though, singing songs and cheering on everyone we came across on the trail. I loved this day with my two favorite little people...I am a lucky Mama:) BTW we ended the day going to see Aaron, his softball team was in the final game. We were able to meet people that go to our new church, such a good Saturday!

4 comments:

Mom and Dad's Blog said...

Awesome blog, Courtney! Love the pictures, love the text, and love your energy and bravado!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfectly wonderful day. Love the pictures!

Anonymous said...

What a memory making time. Your energy makes me eviable (and tired :-))

Larissa said...

sounds like so much fun!!!
and, as a cool side note, i think we have the same hiking pack as you... we love it, too!! e's fallen asleep in that thing many times, too!!