CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 18, 2008

Discovery

Last night was open house at Taylor's school. This is where parents get to come and "discover" what she's been doing throughout the year. They converted the gym into an art gallery where the kids got to hang some of their art and we got to see the piece of Art Taylor has on display. She then took us to her classroom where she walked us around and showed us everything they've been working on. During this time of discovery here are a few things that I learned about my daughter:

Taylor's favorite M&M color is Brown
Taylor's favorite season is Spring
Taylor's favorite color is Pink
Taylor enjoys the rain

I love learning things about my children as they learn about themselves and the world around them. It served as an excellent reminder to me that my children are unique with their own set of likes, dislikes, dreams and adventures. While I will guide and lead them through life, it is also important that I don't influence them so much that they lose their sense of self in the discovery process.

The artist's art ... hangs in the gallery















The Artist and her work















This is an interpretive illustration of the artist at her workstation (with Wheatgrass grown as a project)















Here we have the Artist's rendition of "Peter in Garden"















Here is Corn, Carrot, Beet and Turnip

4 comments:

the mommy said...

what a fabulously talented little girl!

Mom and Dad's Blog said...

I agree with Auntie Darcy - she is amazingly talented! :) But I'll bet daddy already knew she liked pink :) And this grandma's favorite M&M color is brown, too (more chocolate), and my favorite season is Spring, and I love pink. We differ, however on the rain. Perhaps Tay should come up to Washington, where she could get more rain . . .

Anonymous said...

Nice work, Tay! What a lovely young lady.

Mom and Dad's Blog said...

It's fun to find out things about your kids isn't it... and see what they can do. It's little glimpses in their possibilities.

Court, thanks for the pictures of the hike. There were great and it was fun to see you all having fun!
Dad