CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Blush Lady

Dear Blush Lady,

I need to write a note to you to apologize, you see you came into my store tonight to purchase a blush for an upcoming wedding. I asked you if you had a good foundation and from there it turned into a sit down consult. You are beautiful and everything we did you loved. I loved the smile you had when we were done. Your patient husband watched everything I did and gave you compliments along the way. Very precious. I love what I do, I love to give women that extra boost of confidence. To bring out and highlight their beauty. We had so much fun playing with everything...giving you brows, lips, highlighting your eyes, and so on. We had a lot of fun and you were really loving everything we did!

I need to tell you that after you agreed to purchase everything I had put on you I was a little in shock. Not because I have not had huge sales in the past, but business has been slow and we needed the sale. Tonight I challenged myself to "rock" it. To have huge sales. So I was more than thrilled that you loved everything I did enough to purchase it all. However, I forgot to add to your basket the blush. The very thing you needed and I feel horrible about that.

I feel I have learned something from all of this. So I have to thank you. I only want to do the best at my job, work as if working for Jesus is my recent motto. I am SO very driven and competitive that when I had set my mind on having a huge sale and realized I was, I forgot the blush. The very thing you needed. Blush, to match your pink dress for your day of not one but two weddings to attend. I am so very sorry.

I learned that on top of every sale I need to make sure each client knows how to use everything I have put on them. I don't want them lost when they go home. Everything is very simple, yet not knowing what is what I can see how it might be confusing. I also want to thank each client. Thank you for teaching me this most valuable lesson, I need to be driven but also aware.
So tonight, as silly as it may be, I prayed you would remember how to use everything you bought and would not feel overwhelmed. And that maybe you do have your blush I just don't remember grabbing it! Have fun with it all!

Sincerely,

The Makeup Gal

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I loved this! :-) Miss you!

Mom and Dad's Blog said...

Very sweet. I love how you turn your job into ministry. I heard a radio sermon today (part of it, anyway) about how God loves beauty (i.e. His creation, of course, but also the exquisite detail He demanded even in the priestly robes and the tapestries in the Ark, etc.) You go girl - keep on beautifying your clients - and pray for each of them. I love that!

Linda Z said...

You are too funny! I have actually been meaning to ask you if you guys sell that mineral powder and if you have a starter set or something. My face is getting old and though I've rejected foundation for the past 25 years, I thought the mineral stuff sounded tolerable. So any input would be great, Makeup Girl!! :)

Anonymous said...

You are too funny. Thank you for praying for her and for making women feel special.