CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

34 Years Ago

34 years ago my wonderful, amazingly handsome, smart, and dare I say incredibly sexy husband was born. That is a day I am very thankful for. I wasn't even born yet but on that day God brought my husband into this world. We joke that on Aaron's fifth birthday he could have held a one week old me. Cute.

Eleven years ago right around this time we had our first date. I had just turned 18 and Aaron had just turned 23. I remember telling my Mom, that now that I was 18, an adult (LOL), I was going to ask this guy out. Sometime in that week between our birthdays we had our first date. I think I made two of my roommates come along and we went to Dairy Queen to get Blizzards and drive around in my smoking hot, booger green Subaru Hatchback. Nice! In the next few days we went on our first official date to play pool, in Aaron's even hotter 4 door Toyota Corolla that had a red door (the car was blue). Fun times!

Anyhow today he turns 34. Wow. I am everyday thankful for my husband. For his patience and understanding with me and the kids. He is funny and we really have a good time together! He is open to being used by the Lord and feels most at peace when serving Him. I love that. He works hard at work, church and home. I love that he is balanced and plays just as hard:) Please feel free to leave a "Happy Birthday" comment and if you have one share an Aaron story! Happy Birthday my love!!!

This is one of our favorite love songs...John Fogerty, Joy of My Life....

6 comments:

Mom and Dad's Blog said...

I have many stories, of course. Figuring out which one to share is the tough part. I'll start with this one, and may add more later:
I remember after about his 3rd year of college, Aaron was home for some sort of break. I knew I had lost him to Califoria. He hadn't met Courtney yet, but there was something different about him, and I told his dad "He's a California boy." And he is a California native, so his claim is valid. Born in San Francisco at French hospital. Didn't want to come. That was before Petosin drips... Aaron identifies what he wants, and goes after it. Usually gets it, too. When he was young, he wanted a new Bible. Did all kinds of chores to earn the money and nearly broke us before he had what he needed because he wanted it NOW! When he went away to college, he wanted a new pocket knife for his birthday. We sent him a really nice one. Probably only a few weeks later, he sliced his tendon open and we had to fly him home for surgery. He got stuck in fog in Portland. Good grief! And getting burned with hot oil at Dairy Queen almost caused him to miss his first year at college. And I will end with this story. We got a call from Dairy Queen saying he had been burned and had been taken to Valley General Hospital. We got there shortly after he did, and he was still in a wheelchair. The nurse was behind him, grabbed the handles, and dropped him back. Said he kept trying to pass out on her, so she was getting his head lower than his heart. But then, he was a big boy. When they finally got him stabilized and on a gurney, he laid there with many blisters up to 4 inches across and a half inch high at least, scattered across his leg from his knee down. And he quoted scripture - particularly I remember Romans 8:28: "And all things work togther for good to those who love the Lord." I was amazed at my son, lying there in the hospital in so much pain they couldn't give him enough morphine to kill it, and he was quoting scripture. I was proud of him then, and I'm proud of him now. During the following weeks, I took him to the hospital daily for burn treatment. It's painful treatment. Sometimes I had to leave the floor he was on - I couldn't take what I heard. But as God promises, Aaron has been able to empathize with others because of what he went through. Aaron, happy birthday. I pray God gives you many,many more happy birthdays to share with your family - your own, a well as your extended family. I love you. (Mom)

Pastor Josh said...

Bear,
Most of my memories wouldn't make sense without yards and yards of backstory - or they would only be funny to Gabe. So I'll tell one that's not funny, but cool. Walking towards the parking lot as a senior, preparing to drive myself and my brothers home in his brown hornet (you thought his corolla was hot!) I saw him hunched down next to a girl with special needs who was laying on the ground crying. Everybody was walking around them like water around a rock. My assumption (nturally) was that Aaron had knocked her over and was trying to get her back up. Embarassed, I told him to hurry up and follow me. On the way to the car, however, I discovered that he had not knocked her over: he'd just seen her laying there and was trying to help. Out of more than 700 students, he was the only one who stopped and tried to help her. That's Bear in a nutshell.
Happy 34th - You are halfway to 68.

Mom and Dad's Blog said...

I have never heard that story. How cool. Another proud-making moment, even 19 years later! Thanks Bear. And Josh, for sharing that. Reminds me of the story Matt told when giving his toast at Aaron & Courtney's wedding.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Bear.
Josh's story about you always makes me cry and today is no exception. I love that great big heart of yours.

Anonymous said...

Aaron, I typed this once, but don't think it posted, so.....if it sounds familiar - forgive me I'm getting older too :-)

I want to, once again, thank you for being the man you are. The best I can offer is: I pray that someday you are blessed with a son-in-law just like you!

Thank you for seeking God's will not only for you, but for my daughter and grandbabies too.

Thank you for loving and praying over your wife and babies.

Thank you for putting up with us (I mean Tom):-)

Thank you for saying that we're close in age (okay not that close)

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of TJ's birth. What an amazing miracle, and one I will never forget.

Thank you for our grandbabies!!! I love them immeasureably.

Thank you for being our son too.

Happy birthday. We love you!

Larissa said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Aaron. I'll never, ever, ever, forget the first time I heard you talk about your home town in Washington and say the name... made me stop in my tracks and ask "seriously? WHAT'S the name?" Don't know why it sounded so funny, but it just did!