CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 25, 2008

My little Climber



Instinctual my 2 children have demonstrated inherent differences which most parents who have both boys and girls, will readily agree with. While Taylor has a daddy who is all boy (yes, I'm just a large man-child when it really comes down to it) she much more takes after her mom (thank you Intelligent Designer of the universe) who has found a way to perfectly blend a healthy dose of tom-boy with a very elegant and classy feminine side. Taylor loves to get dirty and play soccer with the best of the boys, but she is pretty in Pink and twirls a dress with the best of them.

TJ on the other hand has expressed interest in hitting people or things with pretty much anything he can get his hands on (I've take a remote control to the face on more than one occasion), a huge reluctance to leave the doggie poo in the back yard alone and a preoccupation with being naked which of course gives him unfettered access to his nibbly jiblets. And climb. If TJ can climb it he'll climb it.

At 16 months old he's climbed:

1. Up onto the coffee table
2. Up onto the kitchen table
3. The slide at the park
4. The refrigerator (to reach the yogurt)
5. The stairs at Nanny and Pepere's house
6. The TV cabinet
7. Out of his high chair (after getting himself out of being strapped in)
8. The bar stools in the kitchen
9. Up onto his changing table
10. The 6 foot ladder

It is amazing to watch TJ tackle obsticles around him without ANY fear what-so-ever. However it is also a little frightning because a healthy dose of reality helps us make some good decisions.

Oh. he also loves to climb the baby gate. That very thing we purchased to protect him from being places he's not supposed to go. A baby gate with decorative holes for a little girl, perfect. A baby gate with hand and foot holds for a little boy to climb ... Not so much.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

TJ takes after his Uncle Beau in this area....Uh oh!!! :-0

Mom and Dad's Blog said...

Great blog, Aaron. Gave us plenty of opportunity to laugh out loud. Brought back so many memories of just a week and a half ago. And he doesn't only take after Uncle Beau - there were a few things in that list that brought a clear memory of his daddy, lo those many years ago... which shall remain nameless! ;) (Unless you read MY blog! But then Aaron might have to kill you!

Linda Z said...

Jason's just like this, too!! He was trying to hang from a chandelier before he was even walking!! Oh, isn't it scary!!! We just pray and try to teach him to be safe about it, cause there just ain't no stoppin' him!!

Larissa said...

Oh that is just awesome. Eli was a climber, too....
I guess we'll see how Ezra turns out!

Larissa said...

I should add, so far at 8 months Ezra has no problem climbing the flight of stairs in our house. I watchfully follow him, of course.

Aaron said...

This is where Courtney and I differ. Being a boy myself I give praise and encourage climbing on everything. Courtney, as the mature parent who has to watch him all during the waking hours while I'm at work would rather not encourage this behavior. =O)

andrea said...

what a busy boy you have...i can really relate too! i have a 17 month busy girl...non-stop from morning til she crashes...I'm sure my heart stops several times a day with all her craziness! Thanks for stoppping by and introducing yourself, Court. I have been so blessed to live two houses down from Larissa! She really is so kind and loving! have a great weekend!