CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Calling it like she smells it

Ah the unfiltered truth of children. Not too long ago we ventured a trip to the nearest Wal*Mart (if for no other reason than to remind ourselves why we don't shop there). As we perused the isles we passed one gentleman who carried with him a particular melodious odor. As the fumes wafted over us in his wake, my daughter, my beautiful, loving daughter turned and looked at me; an expression of shock and horror frozen on her face. Quickly bringing her hand to her nose to block any more noxious poison from entering her nasal cavity she exclaimed, "Dad, you stink!"

Never mind that I was BEHIND her AND Downwind. At the first smell of something that appeared to escape from the deep crevasse of a hellish underworld her thoughts turn to daddy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's called "denial" Aaron. Now think about it...was there really another man in Wal-Mart? I mean, you have been working hard and I know you don't realize it but your cumulative smell is really just a passive-aggressive way of letting Wal-Mart know what you think of them.

That's it, isn't it? Do I win a prize?

Aaron said...

I think I'm having a theophostic moment ... I'll bring Jesus into the memory and tell you what He says.

the mommy said...

Ah, I'm so excited to give my husband a McFarland daughter. :)