CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Highlights

Hey Friends:) Just thought I'd give you a few highlights of the past however long it has been since I blogged last...it's Courtney:)

We are settling quite nicely into our new home. We love every part of this house and hope to be here for a long time. I still have things to unpack and a garage to organize but it will all happen in time:) We got rid of our Pilot and have been a one car family for a couple months now. It has been a challenge but nice too. Our plan is to get rid of the Civic and get another family car and just be a one car family.


TJ is talking so much more. He is repeating lots, which is a step up from where he was before. I think everyone else was right, he was just a late bloomer with his words. He is such a sweet boy and loves to make us all laugh. He is for sure a Daddy's boy...I try not to take it too personal! He has these sunglasses that he has to wear allthe time and he calls then his, "eyes". He loves to play ball, and has great aim when he is kicking or throwing:) Our biggest thing with him right now is trying to teach him to not run from us. There have been a few times that he runs from us out into the road. So scary!!! Any ideas on how to stop this!?!?



Taylor is growing to be such a beautiful lady. On the inside and out. Her heart for others is huge:) She is swimming three times a week and I'm amazed by how natural it seems to come. Her swim coach says, she has the best attitude. Her level wasn't with the other kids in the beginning however her attitude has helped her to get right up there with them. It is pretty amazing how well she swims. I need to video so you can all see:) She is doing amazingly well in school too, she just finished Charlotte's Web and is now reading Junie B First Grade Toothless Wonder. I read Junie B books when I was younger, they're very fun:) We are working on getting her math up to speed but even there she is showing improvement:)

I am in week 9 of my 12 week challenge. I have lost 17.5 lbs:) I just ran a 10K this past Sunday in an hour six minutes. I am feeling so much better and stronger. It has been a tough journey and continues to be a tough journey however it is SO worth it. My goal is to be 150 by my 30th in September, I have about 50 pounds to go:) I have had amazing support from Aaron, the staff at the gym, and just everyone else to keep going. I am running another 10K on May 30th and am hoping to learn to swim sometime soon as well. Work is good, I cut back my hours to just three days a week. It was getting to be too much with balancing family and work when I am gone 5 nights a week. Taylor was becoming very emotional when I had to leave and I was feeling out of touch with the kids and Aaron. It was a good decision for sure. I also just had the opportunity to do the makeup for a wedding, I forgot how much I love doing this. I hope to book some more in the future.

Aaron is loving his teaching. He works very hard to succeed, many nights up late to finish his grading. Just to get up and help with morning routine and go to his "real" job. He is just such a wonderful man. If I can just brag for a second, he is the best Daddy. He gives so much to us all, truly He loves us like God loves the Church. I am just thankful for Him. He has also gotten back into the gym. He is slimming down again...or in his case bulking up again! Nice! In July, my Dad, Aaron and I are going to do a relay triathlon. Aaron will swim, I will run and my Dad will bike. I am looking forward to this experience for sure:)

All in all we are happy and healthy. I feel blessed for this place we are in right now. I pray the God will continue to bring us peace and guide us through each day!

4 comments:

Mom and Dad's Blog said...

Well, you all certainly keep busy! But you sound so very vital and healthy. About Tommy running - I remember putting his daddy in a leash once or twice, but at that time, it was seriously frowned upon. Didn't like the looks we got, so we developed a strong grip! Thanks for the update. It's so good to hear how well you're doing. Keep going. Maybe by the time we see each other, I'll have found my stride again. For now, there's a lot of talking and soul-searching going on. Hard.

Larissa said...

So glad to hear you guys are doing so well!
We were a 1 car family for almost 1 1/2 yrs. It was definitely easier in the city than out here in the country (can't go anywhere!!), but still we made it work..... Although glad to have just gotten the 2nd car again!!
Exciting about the triathlon!!

Aaron said...

Made more exciting by the element of death as Aaron tries not to drown in the pool while swimming .5 miles.

Linda Z said...

Wow, Courtney, good job on your challenge!! That is a big accomplishment!

Jason is a "bolter" as well. Lately, I have been asking him to check for cars, so he can take care of mommy and keep her safe. He seems to respond to that. That's one issue I've always gotten out the really firm mom voice for, though, cause it's such a huge safety issue! I even illustrated it to Josh once with a dead bird we found and told him that the bird didn't listen to him mommy about cars and he won't wake up anymore... that was effective.