So I often write blogs and never post them. I leave them in edit format to look over and then change my mind on posting. I am afraid of offending someone or it was more of a "journal" time and the blog doesn't seem relevant any longer. I had this one sitting there, and thought what the heck I would post. Enjoy, if you read this. It was a week or two ago that I wrote it but I still feel the same way about my time and how precious it is.
Do you ever feel like time goes by too quickly? If there was a way to slow down time I would, I think. Slow down my Babies growing up. I wish there was a way to hold on to each hug and kiss. To bottle that infant smell. To feel those kisses before they got teeth. To have more minutes in my day. On the other hand I love to see the little people that are emerging before me. Each age and stage brings with it more favorites.
This can be applied even to my husband. We met when we were so young and married young. I love to think back on our relationship, the crazy late nights at Denny's studying...each other more than any subject. Our trips. Our spontaneity. I miss that but I love that what we have now is a product of what we had then. There is more special times now and up ahead.
My sister-in-law posted a blog about this flannel she has that Aaron and his brother gifted her years ago, before she was married to the other brother. She wrote about how that flannel brought her back to a special time, that it brings her comfort and warmth. I feel that way about a mug I have. The first apartment Aaron and I ever lived in was a tiny one bedroom apartment. When we moved in the apartment gifted us a basket with mugs and other goodies. We got two mugs, over the years one has gone missing. The other one I don't use much but when I do it brings me such comfort. It is a huge white mug that says Tamaron Ranch, the kind perfect for soup, ice cream, and hot mocha. When I think of that place I remember burnt chicken, the dog we tried to have using out upstairs balcony as a back yard...it was gross...laughter, laundry mats, cleaning, no space, and fun times. It was in a lot of ways the foundation to how Aaron and I would learn to live together, it was a place of trial and error as we figured out what would make our home run, it was our first home.
I love to think of the past and at times I can remember and tear up a bit. When I look at my six and a half year old and think to myself, wasn't I just pregnant with her. I love her so completely. I look at Tommy and think, seriously you were just newborn yesterday. Now he is a walking, talking, destroying anything and everything little boy. Wow! I am excited to see where God takes my children. I just want to forever remember them and each stage.
We lead busy lives. Last night I had the night off and had a night at home with just Tommy. It was precious. We cuddled up next to each other in our nice freshly washed Downy smelling flannel sheets and he drifted off to sleep. I just stared at him. So precious. Taylor last night woke up with growing pains (Aaron and I both had them super bad too) so I woke up with her and gave her some Tylenol. Then I snuggled up to her in her pink polka dot Downy smelling flannel sheets and whispered, "Mama is here now." and rubbed her legs. Then I shed a tear over how precious that time was. Those are times I want to remember.



1 comments:
Beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment