CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Taylor enjoying the warm sun and water:)
An artist and her artwork:)
Footprints
Watching his sister, day dreaming of when he is down and running in the sand:)
Playing at the park right by the ocean, Tommy loved this:)
So I have thought for a long time about posting and writing and blogging...but haven't. It is Courtney doing this not Aaron...So here is my first go at it. I posted pictures of some recent walks I have taken with the kids at the beach. I love that we are so close to this environment. I think on how much it differs from the environment in Sacramento. I was always so busy running around, those who know me know my love for a good shopping trip and how far I will go for a good Sale:) But here there just isn't that environment. It has been good for me. I miss going to the Rack for a good pair of shoes for cheap...or if one store doens't have it driving to one of the many others. Yet I think maybe I should have just slowed down. Don't get me wrong I am still busy here. With laundry, cleaning, cooking, more laundry, and other chores as a Mommy. But not with that empty buzy-ness or running around.
Yesterday was beautiful outside, warm and cozy. Tommy and I walked to pick up Taylor from school and then we hopped in the car for about a ten minute drive to Avilla Beach. We got there, took our shoes off and walked. I played, laughed, got wet by higher than expected waves and giggled with my kids. It was such a nice day. It has made me think how if I wouldn't have just taken that walk and we were at home...doing homework, laundry or whatever would I have missed hearing my daughters giggle as she ran from waves or chased birds. Or my sons laughter as he played on the swing. And beyond that just my own thoughts. Or even more, the things God wishes to speak to my heart. Sometimes a walk and a break from being busy....can be so refreshing. I felt refreshed. I want more of that. More refreshing times. Less busy time. With the New Year we all think what we want more of or less of. I want to enjoy more living here and being refreshed, to take time to walk. To listen. To love.

1 comments:

Larissa said...

i had to leave you a comment on your first go at posting (as you said)!
that is so awesome to be able to just stop everything and enjoy life that way. i agree, it is so important to do that sometimes.
i love those days.
thanks for sharing!!