CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Random Thoughts

So here goes my second attempt at posting...I have, since posting my last thought about what to blog and have thought SO much about it. Like will I have okay things to say, will anyone read or comment, what will my style be and so on. However I have come to the conclusion that I just need to do it. Once, before life of being a busy Mom, I would journal, I loved to journal. Sometimes I wrote because it was a bad day and sometimes for good days, I wrote to clear my head, or to think through life and problems. I prayed to God, writing out prayers. So I think this will be my style. Kind of eclectic and depending on my mood. I love reading the blogs I do now and am inspired from them. Maybe I will inspire. Maybe not. However I just want to give this a go.

So where am I today in writing this? Hmmm. It has been a random day. I woke up to the sound of rain once again...not very common here but we love the rain. It is funny to me how people who are not used to the rain act in the rain. Like they will actually melt if they go out in it. And to drive in it when be the most dangerous thing they have done. I however have purposely taken drives the past two days. Yesterday to the beach just to see it on a stormy day and to see how high the tide was.

Tommy had a check up at the Doctor today. Just a regular Baby check up, he is healthy and on track for growing. The one comment the Doctor always has for me is how unusually happy Tommy is. That he doesn't see babies who smile and really look at you when they do. This is true of my son. He has since probably 3 months, engaged people. He waits for you to look at him and then he smiles so big. He does this without judgment to men and women, old and young, even beautiful and not so pretty people. I can never go anywhere without being stopped for people to comment on my gorgeous children...and the comment I most often get is they are so happy. I pray this will continue.

After the appointment I picked up Aaron for a nice lunch. We had a warm bowl of chowder on this rainy day. We ate at Splash, our favorite place. It was nice to sit and have a nice lunch with Aaron. We have been here now about 10 months, we have a 9 month old. Our little girl is in school. Life has changed so much in the past year for us. We are so happy here and feel at home. At times though it still feels new. I wonder when the "new kid" feeling will go away. I think I am looking forward to that. What I do not want to happen is for the feeling of being SO blessed and for that feeling of just being loved and blessed by God to be here to go away. When we first moved here and for the timing of when we did...like me being VERY pregnant...it was SO evident that God had moved us here. We have always loved this area but never thought we would move here. When I question why, especially in the beginning I always felt like God moved us here because He loved us. He loves me. He loves my family. I experienced having a full and grateful heart. Nothing Aaron and I could have done could have worked everything out for us to be here but God moved mountains. When I think on how it all fell into place, everything that had to fall into place I am still awed. Even just me finding a Doctor and being able to find one who supported me and allowed me to have a VBAC with the Baby. Taylor and her school, what a blessing this is. She has a teacher who loves to teach and Taylor is just blossoming academically and socially.The Pastor on Sunday preached a great message on using God's blessing to bless others and how when we do we push back the darkness. This has got me thinking, I feel blessed to be here and I want to use that feeling to bless others. I just pray how and what that looks like.

Well this was an eclectic post. I guess I feel kind of random tonight. A few other random thoughts:
1. I have fallen in love with two great new musicians. Ingrid Michaleson and Matt White. And if you haven't gotten hooked on her yet, check out Colbie Caillat.
2.I am wondering if and when I should go back to work. And if I want to or not. And if I do does that make me a bad Mom. And if I don't will that be OK financially.
3. We are having Taylor's best friend with us for a week next month, we are excited for that.
4. I see God moving in the life of my family and friends. This excites me.
5.I am wondering if Weight Watchers really does work. And I am sad that LA Weight Loss is no more since it did work for me.
6.I am feeling like I need to have time for the gym but wondering when that is.
7.Excited for Apprentice tonight, or just that time with Aaron...kids hopefully sleeping.
8.Wondering when Tommy will sleep through the night...and when he does will I have energy for the gym finally.
9.Excited that Tay has another 3 day weekend. Wondering what that will look like with rainy days and being inside.
10.Love that I am married to my best friend and that I still feel magic when he kisses me.

So this was a long post. I think more to clear my head than anything tonight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to tell you that you've already blessed someone with your blessing just by writing this. I felt like that when we first moved here and lately I've been forgetting that a little...Thank you for reminding me. Gratitude makes a world of difference in our perspective.
Love to you and yours.

Anonymous said...

Courtney: I used to love rainy days inside as a kid. I am sure my mom loathed them because of my vast energy level (enhanced by my ADHD), but they were my favorites...as long as they didn't go on day after day. I hope the two of you had fun last weekend.

Mike Phillips

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love seeing my kids communicate with each other. Does wonders for my mother-heart. And I love seeing your mother-heart, Courtney. Great job - keep going like that! And Weight Watchers does work - I have a friend at church who is a real success story, and she did it through Weight Watchers :) Love, Pat