CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Did you know?

Did you know? That a human bite is worse than a dog bite? Taylor does. She found out the hard way. Oh the joys of having a little brother. He got upset at her yesterday afternoon and tried to bite her thumb off. Now if you are reading this and thinking, what kind of son are we raising...don't judge! I was assured today that his action was "age appropriate" however not acceptable in our eyes. It breaks my heart that he hurt her! And yet I understand how frustrated he can get that he can't do everything his seven year old sister can do. I was at work when it all went down but he broke the skin on both sides and there was blood. I do have to say that Tay and TJ play so well together and have a great realtionship...just fight like only silings can too:)


This morning when I got home from the gym I had a look and it was already pusy, swollen, and not looking too good. So I took her to school then called the Doctor to find out yeah I should bring her in. So I miss out on my Mom's group again (sigh and tear) and go get her at school. He has a look and confirms that it is infected and says it is a bad bite. She is on an antibiotic for infection and he told me what to watch out for.

He also gave me some pointers on stopping this behavior, he told me he is not a fan of spanking but there are a few things that warrant one. One being causing another person physical grievous pain and the other being running out in the middle of the road. Hmm, the way TJ has been lately I'd say his backside is gonna be sore! Good thing he has two big softies for parents! Actually, what I have found to work best is telling him to go to his room. It crushes him and gets the point across. Pray for us, I don't care what any book says, boys are different. I love my children equally. Smothering them both in lots of kisses and affection but boys are just more aggressive!

Tay hasn't gotten to swim all week and is missing it so much. Today while we were waiting for her prescription to be filled she was practicing her strokes in the air. She absolutely loves it! I am glad she found something active that she loves doing:) The Doctor just wanted her to wait a day before swimming to allow it to dry up and Monday she missed because she was sick (AKA played hooke from school). Poor girl. The only time she cried today was when she knew she wasn't going back to school. But we had an eventful day. Art projects from Micheal's and Aristocrats. We bought foam visors and she decorated them for herself, TJ, and her friend at school. We also are doing art projects for Grandma and Nanny for Mom's Day:)

It has turned out to be a nice day...we are currently hanging out in our backyard. It is a nice warm windy day:) Kids having some Pirate Booty and me some grub cherries:) And to top it all off Aaron and I are having a date tonight, it has been a long time coming and I am excited to to be able to finish my sentences and not have to share him:)

6 comments:

Joey, Katie, Judah and Annie said...

Wow, after hearing that story we might have to rethink having Tommy at Mom's group... J/K. Good thing he's so darn cute, I'll bet that little smirk he has gets him out of lots of trouble. I'm so glad Taylor is getting better and I love that she is still 'practicing' her swimming. Have an amazing night with Aaron. We gotta hang out soon.

Anonymous said...

By now you've probably already been out on your date...I hope you had a great time! But how could two such fun people do anything else?! :)

Mom and Dad's Blog said...

Well, I know you told me about the bite earlier today, but I had to LOL when I read your blog. Seriously, life looks different from the perspective of the other side of raising kids. Sorry to say, Tommy is taking after his daddy. I'm sure we've told you the story. It is serious - I didn't LOL at what he did, but the way kids take after their parents is so amazing. This too shall pass - just hang in there, be consistent, and very serious. TJ must have a good set of chompers, as did his daddy ;) And - enjoy your date. Ours is coming this weekend :)

the mommy said...

my dear sister, we are dealing with the same issues with our sons and daughters! it's comforting to share these trials with you, though i wish neither of us had to deal with them. ;)

hugs from one mommy to another!

Linda Z said...

You said, "boys are just more aggressive."

I say, "Yup, pretty much." :)

CareyBee said...

I sometimes wish I had bitten my younger siblings.