CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 28, 2007

An Ode to my better 3/4

Tis true ... I can't call my beautiful bride my better 1/2 because that would be diminishing her role in this relationship. Therefore she is my better 3/4, quite possibly my better 7/8. To outline her amazing ... ness. In less than 9 months she's moved us 6 hours away from our home of 8 years and then moved us again 5 months later 40 minutes north. She gave birth to our beautiful son TJ, she decorated our new house for "harvest time", then Thanksgiving and now Christmas. She's hosted 2 football parties and followed me around from church to church trying to find one for us. Not only did she find us a house, pained on the inside with the bedrooms in perfect position with fruit trees in the back yard, but it's only about 3 blocks from Taylor's school. Which by the way Courtney finds time to volunteer in at least once a week and be the room mom. Those duties include take home projects that include her (and I but strictly for moral support because I haven't the knack for crafts nor the undaunting strive for perfection that she possess) staying up until all hours of the night and early morning getting projects prepped for Taylor's class.

She has nursed each of us back to health at least twice in the last 8 months. She has given me the freedom to learn my job and become better acquainted with the gym over the last 7 months. She's watched me pull a muscle in my back and sprain my ankle within weeks of each other and picked up the slack when I wasn't able to help. She's organized our house to work efficiently but more importantly she's made it into a home with her personal touches. She makes sure we get to the beach as often as possible, sometimes to hang out, sometimes for a quick walk on the pier and sometimes a quick drive by, just to remind ourselves how we've been blessed.

So to my wife I say thank you for all you do, for what you do, for everything you give.

3 comments:

urban mama said...

She is an amazing woman. I am glad that you are all doing well.

Larissa said...

well, i was going to say it... but jessie beat me to it. yes, she's awesome.
good job of telling her, too!!

Aaron said...

I take these comments as compliments, from 2 amazing women to recognize another.