CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 5, 2007

Poised for the Great Fall Classic

We've come to that point in the NFL season (yes for some of us there is no end to the NFL season) where the draft has gone from poised predictions to fan favorites. Who did well, who did poorly and who found the franchise gem in the 7th round. As with any new beginning we find ourselves compelled to take a retrospective look at where we've been.

I came to the conclusion a while ago that the only time I get to see my beloved Seahawks in any highlight reel, is in the Defensive position as whatever offense they are playing takes it to the house. Well ... I've recently (since we moved to SLO) been granted God's greatest give otherwise known as the NFL Network. And it was while watching this hallowed station that my impressions of Hawk Highlights was reinforced as the NFL Network ran a show of the Top 10 Draft Busts of all time ... ALL TIME!! The Draft goes back some 70 years, literally thousands of players and they were going to pick the 10 players who were the best at failing to live up to their expectations.

Where am I going with this you ask ... well of course the Seahawks found themselves on this list. Not once, but TWICE and both picks were inside the top 5. They were the ONLY team on the list twice. Number 4 was Rick Mirer (who actually played 13 years in the league if you can believe that). And at number 3, the LB you love to hate, that academy award willing actor, Brian Bosworth. It was with monumental pride that I swelled at being on any NFL list in the top 5 ... Twice.

Of course I've watched a lot of the NFL Network over the last month and as they've been preparing for the draft here are a few other Seahawk Draft tidbits I picked up:

The Seahawks traded a pick to the Dallas Cowboys for 5 players who didn't last more than 3 seasons. With that pick the Cowboys drafted one Tony Dorsett.

The Seahawks then traded one of the draft picks they got from Dallas to San Francisco for a few more non-discript players. With that pick the 49ers drafted one Joe Montana. THAT was a stellar draft for my beloved Hawks.

By way of redemption here is a picture of me and TJ watching our first Seahawks game ... a replay on the NFL Network for the '06 season.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Daddy-time" is an amazing thing, huh? I think it has surpassed all other times besides "husband-wife time..."